About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

10 days seizure free, 7 days, 3 days

After receiving his first shot Jayen had one seizure the same day and one the day after. The medicine was not fully in his system so it was to be expected. From Saturday the 24th through Monday the 3rd he was seizure free. 10 days, that was so great. On the 4th he had a seizure so we increased his ACTH. This dose seemed to be working. At least for 7 more days. On the 11th he had another. The next day we saw the neurologist. He increased the ACTH again and started another med called Topamax. The ACTH seems to be working ok on the seizures. We have definitely seen a drastic decrease in seizures, but the flip side is not the greatest. Jayen is continuously uncomfortable. He is hungry 24/7. He is up every hour at night. HE IS A MONSTER!
We are still waiting to see if the Topamax helps at all, but after having another seizure on the 14th I am not very optimistic about a lot of things. My heart is breaking every time he makes a little twitch or any little movement. I'm so worried that since the seizures are occurring again that our chances of growing out of this are decreasing daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment