About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Friday, May 21, 2010

6 month check-up

My little chunky monkey is apparently not so chunky. At his 6 month check-up today he weighed 15 lbs. 14 oz which is only the 17 percentile. His is 27 inches long 65% and his head is 43 cm 25%. He is apparently very tall and skinny. That is not the same baby I see!
There was some concern about his development though. According to the Denver Prescreening Developmental Questionnaire II, Jayen is functioning at a 4 month old level. I didn't realize that is where he is. Kind of hard to swallow that one, one third of his life just gone. We will continue to work with him and we continue to pray everyday.

1 comment:

  1. Breathe...it will get better. when Jason was 18 months he tested at 10 months. The guilt was awful. BUT with the help of certain professionals he is right where he needs to be. Just work with him and he will catch up. In no time this will all seem like a bad dream. Keep praying!

    ReplyDelete