About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

What? You're kidding, right?

I was really worried about the appointment today. Jayen was having seizures again and they were beginning to have fewer days between them too. Jayen has to be tired and ready to sleep when we do the EEGs. He was very crabby and ready to eat and sleep. It took a little bit but finally he fell asleep. From what I saw on the computer it looked worse than ever. I swore this wasn't going to be good. After the EEG we had an appointment with the neurologist. He came in the room and said well the EEG looks "fine". What? I asked "What do you mean fine?" He said he would read it as NORMAL!!!!!!!!!
How could that be? What is going on? I love this little ray of sunshine, but really? Are you sure? Oh my gosh, can I throw a party for this one. This was the best news I have heard in a really long time. We will start weening him off of the ACTH right away. It takes about 5 weeks to come down from the meds. If he stays seizure free we will look at taking off the phenobarbital. And if he still stays seizure free we will take him off the Topamax. This process of weening all the meds would take at least 6 months. On the other hand, if he continues to have seizures we will increase the Topamax until we can control the seizures.
We know that we are not totally out of the woods and actually have a long journey still ahead of us. We are so thankful for all the prayers and well wishes we have received from everyone. We know that we could not have gotten through this without all of you.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you guys! It's about time you get some good news. We are here whenever you need us. Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete