About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Nasty looks

We went to the zoo today with Aunt Allissa. It was so much fun, except all the nasty looks and stares. There was a family standing beside us on the koi bridge. The mother tapped the father and pointed our way. The father turned, looked, then blew air into his cheeks to make them look bigger. The two of them turned away, then told a child to look. I was so livid. I wanted to call them out on it right on the bridge. We followed them off teh bridge into the garden. The mother wanted a picture of the family. I overheard her and offered to take it. It took all I had not to take a picture of my finger flipping her off or to just throw the camera in the water. In the end I was happy to be a better person.
We went our separate ways. I was getting over it and trying to forget about it. Too bad when we were ready to leave another little boy said, "Mommy look at him!" while pointing to Jayen.
My little man (and thousands of other people staring) has taught me to not judge people by their looks. You never know why someone is the way they are or what challenges they faced in their journey in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment