About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Another EEG

We had another EEG today. Jayen is supposed to come tired and ready to sleep. What a crazy thing to ask of an infant. Jayen usually takes a nap around noon but his appointment wasn't until 2:30. These people needed me to keep him awake 2 1/2 hours after his normal naptime. Ok, I can do this. Yep, did all I could to keep the kid awake on the 20 minute ride to the hospital. Oh, now I know that kid can sleep through ANYTHING.
As far as I could tell, things looked pretty good. I'm no expert when it comes to reading an EEG but I did notice something irregular about his heartbeat. I said something to the technician and she noted it for the doctor.
We haven't heard anything for results yet. The doctor is on vacation this week and next, so not sure how long it will be before we hear. I'll post when I know more. I'm praying and keeping my fingers crossed until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment