About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

GI follow-up

We had our follow-up with Dr. Zapata, our GI. He has a very deep accent and it takes everything I have to translate just the words that are coming out of his mouth that I think I am still trying to actually absorb any meaning out of it yet.
Jayen is doing very well on the soy formula. He isn't throwing up hardly at all anymore. The doctor was very happy with his progress. We are going to stay on the formula for at least 3 more months then follow up with him again. In the mean time he would also like us to do a feeding evaluation at Children's hospital. I'm not exactly sure why he ordered this and at the time I didn't really know to ask.
I am a little disappointed that we are continuing the formula and the prescription, but I understand that neither one is causing him any harm right now. We see our pediatrician on Friday and I think I will ask him a few more questions then.

No comments:

Post a Comment