About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Speech Evaluation

We finally had our speech evaluation at PTC. It was scheduled for more than a month ago, but we were in the hospital again with seizures and didn't make it last time.
It was a good meeting. I was explaining to the therapist that the last speech test didn't seem like it was a true evaluation of Jayen and his abilities. I really like to standardized test that was completed this time. It was a yes or no questionaire that I answered. It was a little more evident how far off he is from his same age peers.
Jayen qualifies for speech therapy twice a week. I am so excited to get it started! I can't wait for him to start communicating his wants and needs. I miss his babbling and look forward to hearing his first conversations. I know I won't regret it!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment