About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

I don't think so!!!

Pavkovics office called back today and said Jayen's lamictal level was low. It isn't at a theraputic level and they would like me to slowly increase until we are almost double where he currently is. I don't understand. WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD WE DO THAT? He is seizure free. Why are we making changes? If it is not theraputic and he is still seizure free then why wouldn't we just get rid of it? I told the nurse I would like to conference with Minnesota first.

After talking with Dr. Frost's nurse and her talking with him, he completely agreed with me. Leave the lamictal alone for now. We will go back and see Dr. Frost on September 13th and if there are any changes we will do them then. I just don't feel like I can always trust Dr. Pavkovic here anymore. I don't like having that feeling. I wish I was more knowledgeable about neurological issues. No matter what I will always do what I feel is best for my baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment