About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Monday, April 29, 2013

Will he ever?

We are completely off the Trileptol today. Just waiting for Dr. Frost's office to call me back and let me know what the next step is. I was really worried that we were going to have a seizure this weekend. We were out of town visiting family AGAIN! Friday night we went to see my brother and his family at their campsite in Yankton, SD. My nieces and nephew kept asking if the kids could stay the night with them. I guess I had never thought about Jayen doing sleepovers before. I immediately froze. I think his life flashed before my eyes. I couldn't stop playing scenarios in my head. What would happen if he spent the night and had a seizure in the morning? If I don't let him stay will he be missing out on these crucial moments with his cousins? Will he ever be able to go to a sleep over? Will any other parents ever be willing to have him over knowing there is a possibility of a seizure in the morning? That is a huge responisibility.
I hope his life is filled with wonderful memories of "normal" kid activities. I hope and pray that we can get these damn things under control again.

No comments:

Post a Comment