About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Monday, August 26, 2013

Epilepsy Walk

Another early morning. We registered Jayen's Journey for the Epilepsy walk again, but had a much bigger team this year. What a day of emotions! I was blown away by the amount of support we had for Jayen. I would like to personally thank...
Grandma and Grandpa Kuchta; Allissa Kuchta; Tom, Tanya, Madison, Hunter, Morgan, and Brooklyn Kuchta; Tyler and Ryot Kuchta, Sara, Timothy, and Killian Schank; Grandpa Hochstein; Adam Hochstein; Theresa Hochstein; Nikki and McKenna Dorn; Mike, Renee, William and Mallory Loftus; Josh, Michelle and Caleb Joslin (part of Jayen's Journey for the second year); Jason, Rikki, Grant, and Aubrey Hayek (also part of Jayen's Journey for the second year); Mary Hayford; Marie, Brianna, Stephanie, and Melanie Thomalla (who came all the way from Minnesota to be here to support Jayen and their brother who passed)
If my count is right, that is 40 people who walked in support of my child!
I'm so thankful for all of them! What an amazing honor it was to have them all there.
 















Shortly before the finish line we all stopped and let our balloons go. We were letting Jayen's seizures go with them. Hoping they send our prayers to heaven and we never have seizures again.

After letting the balloons go, we were asked to let everyone go ahead of us so that they could cheer for Jayen as he crossed the finish line. We walked for a little bit as a family, then everyone started chanting Jayen's name.

We let him go and he ran across the finish line. I couldn't stop crying. I'm so thankful for everyone and everything they did.
 
We love our little miracle and hope that some day we will find a way to stop these horrible seizures.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. maggie.danhakl@healthline.comDecember 21, 2014 at 1:06 PM

    Hi Jayen,

    I hope all is well with you. Healthline just published an infographic detailing the effects of epilepsy on the body. This is an interactive chart allowing the reader to pick the side effect they want to learn more about.

    You can see the overview of the report here: http://www.healthline.com/health/epilepsy/effects-on-body

    Our users have found our guide very useful and I thought it would be a great resource for your page: http://nicolehochstein.blogspot.com/2013/08/epilepsy-walk.html

    I would appreciate it if you could review our request and consider adding this visual representation of the effects of epilepsy to your site or sharing it on your social media feeds.

    Please let me know if you have any questions.

    All the best,
    Maggie Danhakl • Assistant Marketing Manager

    Healthline • The Power of Intelligent Health
    660 Third Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
    www.healthline.com | @Healthline | @HealthlineCorp

    About Us: corp.healthline.com

    ReplyDelete