About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Saturday, February 8, 2014

The most amazing family and friends! So truly blessed!!

Not much is taking my mind off of the upcoming surgery. I'm so scared and nervous! But I have the BEST family and friends ever. They are sure making things a little easier. I'm so humbled at everything they are doing for our family.
On Thursday we stopped by PTC to tell them goodbye and good luck on the new location. They are moving down the street and we are so sad we won't be there for the opening. We wanted to give them a gift to help with all the last minute surprises. We were told Amazon was the place they turn to the most, so we got them an Amazon gift card! And once again, they got us a gift basket of things to help Jayen in the hospital. For some reason this mommy forgot the camera that day. Gasp, I know!!!!
Today was Dalan's basketball game and Aunt Theresa came over to watch the little ones so that mommy and daddy could spend a little time with Dalan before we leave. He had an amazing game! I was sitting with Nikki Dorn during the game and she was sad that Jayen wasn't there. Apparently Nikki and Mark have been waiting for Jayen to come to one of the games again. They got an official uniform for Jayen to be part of the team. How amazing! I'm so overwhelmed at this gesture. How amazing to include Jayen. He is going to be so happy! I can't wait to get back from the hospital so he can wear it to the last game. Hope we don't have to stay any longer than planned.
Shortly after we got home, I got a text message saying check your porch when you get a chance. My response after openeing the door was I'm going to kick your butt! Shelly Gillen and her family have been my saving grace for almost 4 years now. I really don't know where I would be without them. They have been through this Infantile Spasms journey with their son Will and know so much more than I do. I really do call her when I need someone to pick me up off the floor. I can't believe they left this on our doorstep. There were things for Brilyn, Dalan, and Jayen.
My family is humbled and overwhelmed by the generosity and support from our family and friends. Please know we can never thank you all enough. I know that you are all praying for us and that is the best gift I could ever ask for. God Bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment