About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Friday, March 21, 2014

Another one another heartbreak

Such a sad day today, we were packed and ready to go back to grandma and grandpa's for the weekend. Daddy and the kids were taking one vehicle and heading back early and mommy was going to the dentist then heading there when she was done. I tried calling the kids and Daddy when I finished to see if they thought of anything they forgot. No one answered. I was a little worried since I knew they should still have reception. I received a call back a little later with some news I didn't want to hear. Jayen had another seizure. This one more similar to his regular seizures and longer than the last one at 3 minutes.
I just don't understand. Why did we go through this? Why did Jayen have to suffer? Why did our family have to suffer? If the doctors were so sure they removed all the focus areas then where are these seizures originating from? So many answered questions. I called the doctor's office and talked to the nurse. She assured me over and over again that this is "normal". I wish I would have counted how many times she said that. I think she didn't say more than 10 other words. Apparently seizures can occur for 3-6 months after surgery and still have success. That would have been nice to know before we left, but that seems like a ridiculously long time for his brain to still have seizures. I just don't know whether to have hope that this is really could be the end to Jayen's seizures or if our crazy journey is no where from over.

No comments:

Post a Comment