About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Friday, August 1, 2014

Down to the wire, not sure what to do!

After finding out the United Healthcare sent a request for additional information to some Dr. Frost in North Dakota instead of Minnesota, we now have until the end of day today to get everything approved for Jayen's admission on Monday. Jessie, our nurse care manager at Offutt, has been working tirelessly with Dr. Frost's office and UHC to make sure this happens. After trying everything she could including filling out most of the paperwork for Minnesota, highlighting what they had to finish, and leaving explicit details as to what to write, she informed us that our authorization was denied. I was devistated. Jessie was finished with her work day at 4:30, but UHC didn't close until 7. So I tried calling to figure out what was going on. I had to make this work, or at the very least figure out why. After getting disconnected from UHC several times, I finally talked to Rachel F. She was very confused about the situation and kept giving me very "political" answers. I finally asked her to ask my questions to a manager. She put me on hold for a few minutes then when she came back on the phone I could hear someone in the background giving her answers. I was told that there were two duplicate referrals entered. One was denied because it was a duplicate and the other was approved. I was relieved and so frightened at the same time. Was she possibly looking at a different referral? She gave me the referral number and told me the letters should have been printed today and should be updated online within 24 hours. I don't know what to do now. I will continue to check online to make sure that I see this referral and everything is in place. I'm so nervous!

No comments:

Post a Comment