About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Put To The Test

After the last email I was informed that since our meeting went so late they didn't have a chance to talk to the para the next morning about her duties. I can accept that but don't agree with it. If it is of importance you make sure you get to the para before school starts or leave a note for her. I would never have been allowed to let things like this fall through the cracks when I was teaching. I see everyday the things I would and definitely wouldn't do in my classroom.
Well today their schedule was put to the test again. Ms. Miranda was out sick. I am so thankful I am not working right now and am able to put so much time into Jayen and this situation. I was able to stay in the classroom to see if a substitute was available and wait for Ms. Kahli to arrive. Ms. Kahli leaves early for lunch so I told Mrs. Foster that I would be back early to pick Jayen up if no substitute was available. I was fuming on the walk all the way back to the house. I once again emailed our case manager.

Ms. Miller,
I know at our last IEP meeting we discussed options for support in the classroom when someone would be absent. I was assured that support would be there either in the form of a substitute hired through the district or someone would be pulled from the building. I did not witness that today. When Jayen and I arrived in the classroom we did not see Ms. Miranda. We were informed she was absent today and the staff was working on getting a substitute. I stayed in the classroom until the substitute arrived, but no one came. I don't understand what happened to the support that was to be pulled from on campus if a substitute couldn't be located. Ms. Kahli is with him currently but leaves the classroom at 1130 for her lunch break. I will pick Jayen up from school at that time unless I a substitute will be available. 

Thanks
Nicole

I didn't hear a response so I arrived early to pick up Jayen. Hope we can get this figured out for the next time someone is sick. I hope we take this as a learning experience and fix the problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment