About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Friday, June 26, 2015

Vegas Bound

Since our family vacations now consist of driving to Nebraska, we decided to take a mini vacation to Las Vegas for the weekend. My cousins Michelle and Kristen live there, Michelle just had baby Raphael, and it's our anniversary this weekend too so we are getting lots of bang for our buck! I was able to convince Matt to splurge a little and let us stay in a resort with a great pool. We wanted to attend the luau they had on Sunday night, but were having a hard time getting a reservation for the night. I was calling every day for almost two weeks to see if they had any cancellations. I even called the resort on the way there and still they had nothing. We celebrated our honeymoon in Hawaii and the luau was probably one our all time favorite things we have ever done. So doing the luau in Vegas for our anniversary was kind of special. It is only supposed to be a four hour drive to Las Vegas from our house, but at one of our stops we got on the wrong road and it ended up taking us about 5 1/2 hours. Who doesn't love being stuck in the car with three kids for that long? When we finally arrived at our hotel, I once again asked if they had any availability Sunday night. The receptionist looked on her computer and informed me there wasn't but could talk to her manager to see if there was anything they could do. She came back and informed me that they did a room count and would be able to accommodate us for the extra night! YEAH!!! We got our key cards and headed toward our suite just in time to get things settled for Kristen and Anthony to come by and enjoy some adult beverages with mommy and daddy. Jayen and Brilyn were beyond naughty so they were put to bed immediately! Dalan was pretty good, so Matt took him to the pool and to scope things out. Good drinks, great friends, and great conversations were exactly what I needed. I'm so excited for this weekend with my family! Tomorrow I get my baby fix!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment