About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Friday, November 6, 2015

Another call from school

Nothing kills my heart like getting a call from Jayen's school while he is there. Today was Wingman day on base, so I was running to and from schools to the base and back. I planned on picking up Jayen at 11:45 but got a call an hour early. Jayen had an accident at school again and this bad mom hadn't repacked the back up clothes. They had nothing to put him in. He soaked through all his clothes and had puddles in his shoes. I don't understand what is going on. Up until last week, I don't remember the last time he had a day accident.
A letter came home yesterday, finally, explaining that his homeroom teacher is on a leave of absence. We were assured the kindergarten team is making this a smooth transition and keeping the kids on pace with the rest of the kids. I, however, feel that is not actually happening. I'm trying not to micromanage everything. I'm trying to not be "that parent", as Matt loves to refer to me. But when do I start taking a stand? I do know that my son's class was not invited to participate in the Halloween activity the rest of the classes did. I do know that Jayen's communication notebook has been missing his behavior and daily information. I do know that my son's behavior has changed. I feel that this monumental change is affecting Jayen. I can't help but assume that this might be the reason for the accidents.
I hope we can figure out a better routine for him. I hate that he is the kid who pee's his pants at school. I want him to have friends and not stick out like a sore thumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment