About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Happy 6th Birthday!

It happened right under my nose and I didn't even see it coming; my little miracle is now 6. What a roller coaster ride these past six years have been. Not long after finding out we were actually pregnant, we weren't sure if you would even make it. What was supposed to be a round little egg was oblong. No one could explain what that meant, but didn't think it was good. That's been the story of our life since. We've had to fight for you every second of the day. I remember your first seizure and rushing to the hospital. I felt like the doctors didn't believe me. I remember after getting discharged sitting on the floor in the living room videotaping us until I caught another seizure. When I finally did get one on video, I sent it to everyone I knew that had any medical connection. It was a little weird since I mostly caught the seizures when Jayen was feeding so my boob was sticking out in the video, but I didn't care. I caught a seizure on video and no one could deny it anymore. When we went to Minnesota and heard the results of the genetic testing, once again no one could explain what it actually meant for you. You have been an exception to every rule. You defy the odds and prove mommy and so many others wrong on a daily basis. I'm so proud of you and the little man you are turning into. I can't wait to see what hurdles you leap this next year!
 
Jayen celebrated his birthday at school by giving out the nail polish and beads to the staff and had cupcakes and a purple necklace craft for each of his classmates. I'm so glad they helped make his day special!

After school Jayen chose Taco Bell to eat with daddy on base. As soon as we were done ordering I got a call from Dalan's school. He lost his "cookies" at lunch so I had to pick him up. We ran back to school then back to the base so Jayen could enjoy his birthday lunch with daddy.


Of course we had to watch the airplanes. What would make lunch on base any better?

Yeah! We practiced this one all night last night and he just couldn't get it. Today he showed dad six fingers! I just can't get over how quickly he is learning new things anymore. I can't say he will keep it for long, but he learned it quickly!
We weren't having a party, but I couldn't resist making him a cake. I still can't get over the fact that Matt made me buy a cake for Dalan's birthday. I baked the cake last night and was able to cut and cover it during nap time. I knew he was going to love this one. He talks about a blue and yellow airplane every day.
 
We were going to go to SkyZone and jump on the trampolines, but with Dalan leaving school we didn't think that was a good idea. So we stayed home and played wii bowling, ate pei wei and cake, and opened presents! Jayen was able to Skype with grandma and gradpa while opening their gift. I'm so glad they got to see his expression. I couldn't have explained his excitement! He was giggling with excitement for his new WEEDEATER! Now he can help with the yard just like dad.


 
Jayen was also able to Skype with Marcus, Heather, Issac, Tanya, Madison, Hunter, Morgan and Brooklyn too. I wish we could have all been together for his birthday, but I'm so thankful you all took the time to wish him a happy birthday!





He loved blowing out the candle and kept signing more. He wanted us to sing so he could keep blowing it out. What a stinker!

Hugs and presents!

What else would he get from Dalan but a dry fit shirt?!?!

More hugs!

And of course he loved the Olaf underwear from Brilyn!

Hugs in exchange for a gift!

Daddy is tired of constantly pumping up his old basketball so a new one was kind of a gift for both of them!


Yep, still giving out educational toys. At least he likes them!



What a fantastic day celebrating the past six years of life. Six years of roller coaster rides. Six years of fighting. But I promise I will fight for hundreds more if that is what you need!

No comments:

Post a Comment