About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Street Party

I have been talking about getting our street together since we moved here. Since Matt made the rolling bars, we've been talking with the Mayberrys about actually doing it. I made flyers and distributed them before we left for Nebraska. As soon as we returned, Eva and I went around again to remind everyone to come out and join us. We grilled hot dogs and invited everyone to bring a dish to share. We even had sterno cans lit for a little smores station. A Halloween themed movie was playing in garage.
My favorite parts of the night was the very beginning and the very end. Before the party started, Jayen saw our neighbor Michael outside playing basketball and begged his dad to let him play too. Jayen ran in the house, grabbed his ball, and headed across the street. It was so amazing to watch! Michael also suffers from seizures and has had brain surgery. It was so fun seeing them instantly connect and enjoy something together.
The party was great. We had a fair amount of people show up. But one of my favorite parts was the kids all playing together. They kind of took over Yve's house, but were all playing together. I loved how Jayen was included and part of the action. He kept up with all the kids. What a fun night of laughing and getting to know our neighbors.







No comments:

Post a Comment