About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Let the fun continue

Even though we have company here, we have to keep our schedule somewhat intact. Therapies must continue or we face the wrath of the insurance companies or our therapy company takes our spots away if we miss too many times. So, Tom and Tanya agreed to keep the other kids so they could play with their cousins. I had planned ahead for some fun activities. I bought some of those Bunch-O water balloons in 7 different colors so each child could identify their own balloons. I didn't think Jayen would enjoy this as much as the other kids, so we had to ease him into it. He was screaming and crying and showing his distain. So we convinced him to throw the first balloon on the ground to signal the start of the showdown. With tears streaming down his face he threw it and ran! 


We had enough time to watch a few throws and laughed until our bellies hurt. Everyone was enjoying themselves, except Jayen. He kept his distance and wasn't thrilled when a balloon broke on someone. He is very protective and didn't want anyone getting hurt.








We had to leave but left explicit instructions, that anyone who threw a balloon was responsible for cleaning up. I know they were having fun and I'm excited Dalan and Brilyn get more time with their cousins. Sitting in the therapy room is not always fun, but they do it without whining on most occasions. I'm so grateful they understand the sacrifice we all make to help Jayen grow. But I love when they can be rewarded with days like these.


After therapy Jayen walked outside and saw the car and said, "my car". I was proud of him for recognizing our car but was joking with him that it is MY CAR! He teased back and said no my car. So I asked if he was going to drive and I had to sit in his carseat. His eyes lit up and he jumped into the driver's seat. He giggled when I sat in his seat. Yeah, we are nowhere close to him being in that seat but it was sure cute seeing him smile and giggle at the thought of it.


When we arrived back home, we started getting things ready for sushi night. We were going to do it last night for Brilyn's birthday but joined our friends for a pool party instead. We prepared the rice and all the fillings and sat everyone down to create their own sushi rolls. I tried explaining what each thing was and each step they needed to complete. But I think I may have been too descriptive because the nori, seaweed wrap, seemed to cause a few too many issues and disgusted faces.








Some enjoyed it more than others, but it was an experience and one I will remember forever. The laughs and funny faces will be etched in my mind! Maybe they will try it again in college and think of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment