About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Saturday, June 3, 2017

Birthday Party

I could not think of a better birthday gift then the one she crawled beside this morning. I'm not sure how awake these two actually were when they said, "Hi dad!" this morning. But they both found their way into my bed and took my snuggling spot. I guess after 6 weeks they deserve some dad snuggles too. Can't believe he is finally here and we survived! 
I tried to let them all sleep as long as possible. That way I could start getting everything ready for a little girls 5th birthday party. I had to work around Tom and Tanya's timeline as well as Matt's so we have a few hours today that they overlap so we are celebrating. 


I miss doing the big birthday parties with all of our family and friends, so when I get the chance I go all out. I don't think this party was any exceptions. The kids had different stations they could play at. There was a unicorn horn decorating station. This proved to be quite messy as the kids were supposed to take colored frosting and spread it over waffle cones then decorate with sprinkles and candies. It was messy and delicious, everything a birthday party should be!








We also had a painting station outside. I bought little canvas pieces and had a friend cut out unicorn shapes for me. The kids could cover their canvas with paint then pull of the sticker when they were done and have a perfect unicorn picture. I loved this project!


And of course we had food! I didn't go as crazy as usual since I didn't have the extra set of hands, so I ordered a 6 foot sub and had some fun, cute sides. 



I had cornhole set up outside as well. The boys didn't want to partake in all the girly stuff so they mostly hung out here. That is until we convinced them to play pin the horn on the unicorn.


I found this super cute sleeping mask and thought it made the perfect blindfold for the game. I drew a unicorn and cut out the matching horn.




I was also able to convert a my little pony piƱata into a unicorn. I love these pull string ones. I've seen too many accidents with the bat breaking ones.


It wouldn't be a birthday party without mom making a cake! Each layer on the inside was a different color of the rainbow. I wish I had a little more time to perfect it, but I'm ok with how it turned out. I think the birthday girl liked it and that is all that matters!



She was spoiled with presents and presence. I'm so happy we have amazing friends that help make these days so memorable.





We are also beyond grateful that we had family that made the incredibly long drive to be with us as well. I'm so sad that we have to say goodbye. I don't want our time to end. Every second has been memorable! Please come back again as soon as you can. We know this won't last forever, but we miss you all so much. This move has been hard, but your visits help. We love you and hope you have a safe drive home.


No comments:

Post a Comment