About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Thursday, June 1, 2017

One Request - Slide Rock

I knew with therapies and appointments that there wouldn't be a lot of days we could just take off and explore, but there was only one request while they were here; Sedona and Slide Rock! So, we had to make it happen. I was extremely nervous about driving through the mountains with three kids and someone following me. I get nervous driving in the mountains period! But it was worth every white knuckle to see the kids laughing and giggling together.





For the most part, Jayen, Brooklyn, and Brilyn played in the shallow ponds while the bigger kids took off for the slides almost immediately. We were able to grab a spot and set our stuff down and spend most of the day just enjoying the weather and freezing cold water. After 15 minutes you were numb enough you didn't feel how cold it was anymore!







I'm not sure how or why, but there is some kind of amazingly special relationship between Jayen and Morgan. He is always looking for her and asking her to come look at what he found or is doing. But he is also very aware of her feelings. I keep laughing at them and smiling. They remind me of an old couple in tune of the others feelings and needs. I would be the happiest mom in the world if Jayen met someone just like Morgan to spend the rest of his life with. They really do have the most amazing relationship. Jayen loves all of his cousins, but Morgan is just extra special.


I was extremely worried about driving through the mountains in the dark, so we didn't get to stay as long as we would have liked. I think we still had a pretty good time. On the way back to our house, we stopped through Sedona to grab a bite to eat. I can't get enough of the scenery here. This really is such a beautiful place.


We stopped at a wood fire pizza place and once again these two had to be right next to each other.


I hope everyone had a great time! I wish Matt was here and could have shared the day with us as well, or at least driven us home through the mountains! I love having our family here. We miss them so much. I'm so sad at all the time they miss out on because of this move. I hope they forever keep these friendships. They really are so important to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment