About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Sunday, February 9, 2020

New Doc, same old issues

Today has been a day of phone calls and continued dead ends. Dr. Datta's office put in all new prescriptions to our local pharmacy when we saw her last. But of course, messed them up. Yesterday I called in the refills I needed and was going to pick them up after Dalan's basketball game but didn't have enough time. So today we ran by quick, or so we were hoping. Nothing with Walgreen actually ever works as planned. There are ALWAYS problems! Since I had never filled these prescriptions, I didn't have the numbers to call them in and have them automatically refilled, so I had to talk to the pharmacist. I asked for three medications to be refilled. Well, when we got there today only two were available. I had to try to remember The pharmacist was so polite and quickly filled the correct one for me. When we arrived home I was adding what was missing to the pill container and realized the Keppra instructions said to give 2 pills twice daily but was only refilled for 60 pills. My math skills helped me realize that was not going to get us through a month. I called Walgreens and thankfully the pharmacist realized that was incorrect as well but couldn't change anything because that is what the prescription was sent to them as reading. She was willing to call Datta's office tomorrow and try to correct the problem.
After working on that mistake I tried calling the specialty pharmacy that Jayen's new rescue medication was being sent to. Well, they had nothing. Nothing for his birthday, nothing under his name, nothing from that doctor. Seriously? So I tried calling Klein's office and reached the after hours line. I was told that they were not allowed to call the doctor on the patients behalf but I could have the pharmacy call and then they would contact the doctor. So what does that mean if my son is having outrageous seizures and I need to call the doctor? You couldn't contact her? What is going on? So, I opted to leave things alone until tomorrow when I could call her office and beg them to do the job they originally told me they were going to do.
Just not feeing confident with the situation we are in and I am beginning to think a second opinion may be best.

No comments:

Post a Comment