About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Monday, February 10, 2020

Something went right!

I've been working on applying for the Aged and Disabled waver through Medicaid since the day we arrived back in Nebraska. Did you know that even though my son's disability has not changed, I had to apply in Nebraska initially, discontinue services when we moved, reapply in Arizona, discontinue services, reapply in Nebraska; all for the same Medicaid. Why do we do that to our military families? I hope to address this for other families. 
Anyway, after being thrown between 5 different organizations under the umbrella of Medicaid, I was finally directed to the right place. I filled out the paperwork, waited many many weeks, but just received the phone call that he is being accepted again!!!!!!! The intake lady was so incredibly nice and I thanked her for helping us through this process. I may have even invited her over for wine! 
Now we just wait for a caseworker to be assigned and a home visit to be scheduled!

No comments:

Post a Comment