About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Blood Levels

I just got a call from the doctor's office. Jayen's potassium levels were VERY high. The doctor was a little hesitant to say it, but did say that it is something that could be fatal. We immediately left the house and headed for the doctor's office. The wanted to take his blood again, but this time from a vein. They were searching and searching and finally decided to take it from his scalp. Once again he was poked for more blood. By the time we got packed up and back to our house, I think the boys caught some kind of bug. Just as we were walking in the house Jayen started puking. A few minutes later Dalan was projectile pooping. The two of them continued this cycle for a few hours. Mommy and daddy gave them extra love and lots of fluids. The next day they both seemed to be fine.
The doctor called back and said that his potassium levels checked out OK this time. They think it could have been caused by the phlebotomist squeezing his finger too hard. It actually breaks open some of the cells and causes them to release too much potassium. So big scare but all is well again!

No comments:

Post a Comment