About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Friday, July 9, 2010

Two down, One to go

Just got back from our neurology appointment today! "Looking great!" doc says, "Ready to start getting rid of another med." Starting tomorrow we are going to be tapering his phenobarbital. It will take about 8 weeks to be completely off of this one, but we are so excited to be getting rid of one more med!!!! The only downfall is the mood swings and sleep changes again. Mommy just got 3 full nights of sleep. What are they trying to do to us? We will repeat his EEG in a couple of weeks to make sure his brain waves continue to function normally. We are still seeing delays in his developmental milestones but I am confident he will get there soon.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that things are looking up! You have a great neurologist helping your little guy. It's been my experience that as the seizures stop and the meds are weaned that you see improvements in motor skills, sometimes fast, sometimes a little slower. I'll pray that you see continued improvement in all areas! Take care, Sara (Bruening) Garcia

    ReplyDelete