About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

9 Months Old

Jayen is nine months old today. We had an appointment with our wonderful pediatrician. Jayen was cleared for his 6 month shots (only 3 months late, not too bad), but he was concerned about Jayen's weight loss. He weighed 17 lbs. 15 oz. and was 27 1/2 inches long. He has dropped almost 2 lbs. I know, I know, he had a lot of extra weight. He can afford to loose some, right? Most of his bulk was water weight, so the doctors were hoping that he would maintain his weight and kind of just grow into it.
I expressed my concerns about his eating habits. He is refusing almost everything. His appetite is so small then when I give him his medicine in the morning he is almost full from just that. He refuses ALL solids. We have to force it down. We've tried almost everything and he just refuses. The doctor wants us to come back in two weeks to do another weight check. We will keep an eye on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment