About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Look what I can do!

"WILL WORK FOR FOOD!" seems to be Jayen's new motto.
Before we couldn't get him to put anything in his mouth and now we can't seem to stop him. (Although he is kind of stubborn when trying new things) I now realize I have to be very careful what I wish for. Jayen is participating in physical therapy and occupational therapy twice a week at PTC. He has made so much progress in the two weeks we have been there. Things are really starting to click in that brain of his. We do co-treats, so right now we have OT and PT at the same time. It is kind of funny to see how they try to work the two of them in. Jayen really loves all the attention and mommy loves the hands-on aspect of it. Not only do they show me what to do and how to do it, they actually do it too.
Jayen is usually VERY tired after therapy. He has been falling asleep in the car on the way home and sleeping for at least an hour. He is such a strong little guy and I am thankful he shows me how to pull through anything.

Daddy is so jealous, at therapy I got beef jerky. I can have it until I start taking chunks off of it. It is supposed to work my chewing reflexes and my tongue movement.
I've been working on getting into a sitting position from my back. I use the ball to help me.

I was showing off. I was doing a great job and loved the cheers and praise!

They make me work on the crawling stuff too, but I do just fine rolling wherever I want to go. My big brother gets mad at me all the time because I can get to his toys now.
He likes to kick me when I get too close.
Then mom YELLS!!!


Rolling to a sitting position. This teaches him how to get into a sitting position from his back.

Reaching across midline for a toy. This teaches him to reach with the opposite hand so when he is sitting he still uses a hand for balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment