About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

OT evaluation

After walking back and forth through the hallways at the clinic on base to make sure Jayen's referral went through, we finally got the ok to do his OT evaluation. What an emotional day. The occupational therapist that did the informal evaluation last week was the same one doing the actual eval this week. We were both just in utter disbelief at what Jayen decided to do with his food today. He ate almost a half of a jar of baby food!!!!

It took a lot of coaxing and work to get that far, but he didn't gag. A week prior he let us put the food in his mouth but didn't know what to do with it after that. That is when he would gag. What a huge improvement!! Mommy was crying the whole time.

Not only did she get him to actually eat some food but somehow he decided he was going to try some baby puffs too. This is the same kid that doesn't even put his toys in his mouth to discover them. He hates anything in around or near his mouth. What just happened? Who is this baby?



Well, Jayen ended up qualifying for OT services twice a week. We are fortunate enough to have some very cooperative and wonderful service providers that have agreed to do their visits together. We will have our OT and PT services on the same day at the same time. We will see how this goes. I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment