About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

One down, one up

Well we were so close to being down to just one medicine. We went to the doctor today to talk about the possibility of reflux. Our OT thought that Jayen might have reflux based on the amount of times he is arching his back and how he refuses to eat.
I was very adamant before we went to the doctor that I WAS NOT going to put him on another medicine with the "chance" that it might do something. I wanted to know for sure that he had reflux and that we for sure needed to treat it. Well, I left the doctors office going totally against what I thought. The procedure to check for reflux is very invasive. They would have had to put a tube down his throat and test the ph levels over a certain period of time. Dr. Toth convinced me that it would be much less harmful to put him on the medicine for a month to see what happens. If we see things looking better than we may continue, if not then we know if is not reflux. This mommy still thinks it was just his way of moving. Jayen's only rolling to get where he wants and I think that the arching was just one other way of seeing what was around him. I guess we will find out more in a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment