About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Neurology Appointment

Well we had our neurology check-up today. The doctor came in and asked how things were going. After a few minutes catching him up on everything that has happened, we both decided that it is time to start tapering him off the Topamax. YIPPPPPPPEEEEEE! We will start tapering tomorrow. It will take us 6 weeks to get off the meds because it has to be done very slow so it doesn't induce seizures.
This news comes with great joy and great anxiety. Once we are off all medicines are the seizures going to return? Are we going to keep making the progress we have been? I am just so nervous about what is to come. We will just keep praying and hoping for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment