About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

BPS speech evaluation

I have been concerned because Jayen hasn't been saying many words. He says dada ALL the time, but only occassionally says mama (when he is hurt or wants me to hold him).
We talked a lot about how children often focus on one area at a time. Since we are working on walking and more physical things, the oral motor is kind of waiting in the background. After meeting with the speech therapist we decided to keep her on a consultant basis. We won't see her regularly but we will be able to contact her and get her opinion/advice.
I think we will do our speech evaluation at PTC and get a second opinion as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment