About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Friday, January 28, 2011

Dr. Toth's good news/bad news

We had our appointment with our favorite pediatrician Dr. Toth today. He explained so many things to me. Jayen is gaining weight finally!! He would like to contribute it to the fact that he is eating a little more and he is doing so well on the formula. He agreed with the GI doctor about keeping him on the formula for a little longer, possibly even until he turns 2. The formula contains more calories than a store bought soy milk. Jayen needs those calories right now. I also asked about the prescription and why we are still on that too. We are not sure, nor were we ever sure, that Jayen has a reflux issue but if he did and we didn't treat it, it could cause a lot of damage to his esophagus. The medicine he is taking is so safe that it isn't worth the risk of not having him on it.
We are so thankful for always having his straight forward answers. He has been a lifesaver to us and I don't know what we are going to do without him. Yep, he gave us some VERY bad news. He got orders. (That means he is going to a new base.) :( We will miss him horribly! THANKS DR. TOTH FOR GETTING US THROUGH THIS CRAZY JOURNEY!

No comments:

Post a Comment