About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Busy Busy mommy

Wow, mommy has been busy the last couple of days. I have been researching pediatric neurologists and epileptologists non-stop for three days now. I have really been contemplating our recent medicine changes and the current course of treatment. I talked to Dr. Toth and asked if/what I had to do to get a second opinion. I was so happy when he gave me the ok and said he would get the ball rolling on a referral. There are just so many different decisions to make now.

I was told about a doctor here in Omaha who is seeing some friend's kids. He came highly recommended. When we tried to book an appointment with him we were told he doesn't see pediatric patients. I was a little disappointed. Our second and third options are the Mayo clinic and the Minnesota Epilepsy Group. After meeting with Dr. Toth today he is going to do a little checking on both to see who has a slight edge on Infantile Spasms. It looks like we are going to be headed to Minnesota. (As long as insurance accepts our request!) We are saying prayers that we will be lead in the right direction and that everything goes smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment