About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Friday, April 1, 2011

Smooth, yeah right!

Of course, why would anything go smooth? Found out today that our insurance request for the Mayo clinic was accepted!!!! How exciting. That is exactly what we were hoping for. However..... when I called to schedule an appointment I was informed that they are booking out for June and July right now. I can't wait that long. I can't have my baby going through this until then. Again, I have been on the phone all day trying to figure out what to do. I called Tricare to see if we could just switch the referral to the Minnesota Epilepsy Group. That was denied because of how the referral was written. I can have the doctor resubmit the paperwork changing the destination or depending on the urgency have the base call Tricare and request it to be changed. I also have to beg him to write the referral as inpatient rather than outpatient as they will keep us there for a little bit and run all the tests at once.
I'm thinking this is going to be a headache. I hate putting Dr. Toth out. He has been more than accommodating and I don't want to cause any problems. He also has to write a summary of Jayen's history so they know what kind of tests to order. We basically have to write a resume asking to be accepted to either one of the clinics (Mayo or Minnesota).

I am just so ready to have my baby back and seizure free. I hate ruffling feathers, but I don't know what to do. We need to get things figured out and quickly. We know it is going to take us at least two weeks to get into anywhere, so the longer we wait to figure out where the longer it will be before we have any answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment