About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

YIPPIE!!! A seizure on wires and video

Last night Jayen had a cluster of seizures. Mommy was so excited she started crying and high-fiving daddy. Yeah, yeah. I'm such a dork. The doctor laughed at me this morning saying he could see my excitement in the video. Jayen's seizures are classified as myoclonic tonic seizures. We started him on a B6 vitamin and are working with our neurologist and a neurosurgeon to figure out the best medicines for him to be on. So far we have increased his Topamax from 60mg to 75mg twice daily and added the B6. We are still trying to figure out why he is having the irregular heartbeats too. Hopefully cardiology will have some more answers tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment