About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Saturday, August 11, 2012

2012 Nebraska Epilepsy Walk

It was such a beautiful day for a walk. Matt and I decided very last minute that we were going to participate in the 2012 Nebraska Epilepsy Walk at Shadow Lake Town Center. We created a team called Jayen's Journey, raised a little money ($465 to be exact), and had a few friends join us. It was such an awesome feeling. Everyone was so welcoming and accepting of Jayen. No one was looking at us funny when he screamed at the top of his lungs or wouldn't listen when mommy told him to do something 500 times. They were curious who we were walking for and how he was doing. I felt like for once in his life he was the "normal" and I kind of felt like the outcast. I was so proud of him! I was so proud of my husband for helping me put our team together in such a short amount of time and the money he raised. I was proud of Dalan for being such a great big brother. I was proud of my family. I was PROUD of where we are in life!
Thanks everyone who supported us. Thanks Colorado Foxhovens, Michelle Carranza, James and Stacy Kreikemeier, Maria Bovastro, AGE shop, FTD instructors, Bob Foxhoven, Charles Foxhoven, Naomi Hutchinson, Josh and Caleb Joslin, Rikki, Jason and Grant Hayek, and Theresa Hochstein. You all made me so proud!

Dalan got a spiderman (face paint) tattoo

Charles thought he needed one too. Dalan promised him it wouldn't hurt.






No comments:

Post a Comment