About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

ALWAYS SOMETHING!

Why is it always something with this kid? Jayen woke up this morning at Grandma and Grandpa Kuchta's house with swelling on the back of his left ear. It was so swollen it was pushing his ear out. He looked so silly. I was really worried about what it could have been. Was it infected, was it a bug bite, did he hit it on something, why didn't I see this yesterday? We drove straight to the urgent care clinic in Bellevue. The nurse practitioner thought it was an allergic reaction to some kind of bite, but wasn't sure. She told us to try children's claritin and gave us a steroid prescription and an antibiotic. We were to try the claritin and steroid and if it wasn't better in the morning then do the antibiotic. Put the kid to bed with a few too many meds tonight. Three syringes and eleven pills. Too much for a two year old!!

No comments:

Post a Comment