About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

sleep deprived and frustrated

I think I have been too sleep deprived to update anything lately. Jayen continues to wake up screaming in the middle on the night. We have such a hard time getting him to stay in his bed and go back to sleep after he wakes. I think Matt might have bruises on his legs from me kicking and telling him it is HIS TURN! Said in the most sleep deprived, frustrated voice I have. We are typically awake from 2 AM to at least 4 AM then I think one of us gives in an ends up sleeping in his bed or having him sleep in ours. WE NEED TO GET THIS FIGURED OUT!!! I'm desperate for some good sleep.

Jayen continues to have weekly, if not more frequent, seizures. We started Felbamate January 17th and haven't see any improvement. He had seizures on January 30th, February 2nd, and now today the 5th. I can't remember the last time we had three in one week. I'm slowly loosing hope that we will get these under control again. We have never been this long with seizures. Why can't we stop them? Why can't I give him a normal life?

No comments:

Post a Comment