About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

What is this?

Well we have been doing melatonin and klonopin for 12 nights now and haven't seen a huge success. Things have changed a little. Jayen is doing great at falling asleep with the melatonin so we will keep that going, but he is still waking in the middle of the night. Things aren't as bad as they used to be but I can't really figure out what is better. I think he isn't screaming as much. We are also giving in a little more, since we are all sleep deprived, and letting Jayen sleep with us or one of us sleeping with him. I just don't know what to think these "night frights" are. Are they seizures? Is it something more we need to be concerned with?
When we left Grandma and Grandpa Kuchta's this weekend the kids fell asleep in the car on the way home. An hour into the drive Jayen was screaming and tossing in his carseat. It seemed as though something was hurting him. He was inconsolable. He wouldn't let me hold his had or touch him at all. The screaming lasted for about 4 minutes then he slowly fell back to sleep only for it to happen again 15 minutes later.
I don't know if it would be beneficial to do the EEG again to rule out if these are seizures or what we should do. I just want him to be rested and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment