About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

WTF was that???

On the way to mom and dad's tonight Jayen had a seizure in the car. I was on the interstate talking to Nikki Vaughan and noticed Jayen hunched over. This was so crazy!!! He was shaking in his arms and legs. 12 1/2 minute later he started coming to. I have never seen anything like it from him. And of course, daddy was gone. He was on a fishing trip with some friends.
I called Dr. Frost's office and they increase his trileptal and gave us a new seizure plan with his diastat. Now we need to have to give him a second diastat if the seizure lasts longer than 10 minutes. If we have to give him a second one then we need to call 911. A second diastat can cause respitory distress so we need to have emergency management available. This scares the crap out of me.
I emailed Jayen's teacher and realized there are so many people I need to share this new information with. Better get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment