About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

IFSP with BPS

I'm so exhausted and unsure if I can even get the words out I want to. I couldn't sleep last night, my mind kept spinning. I never wanted to upset anyone and I never wanted things to get this out of hand. I simply asked a question and now I feel like I have to defend myself and my child.
At the meeting today we were told there was an opening for Jayen with transportation at Birchcrest Elementary. This is the only school that would have a nurse available to ride the bus with Jayen. There is no openeing for Dalan to attend though. I questioned the Director and tried to understand why they are denying transportation at his current school. I really didn't get an answer at all. I feel like the answers and questions were skirted around and no one could give me an honest, straight forward answer. I was told that if Jayen wanted transportation that the only school a nurse would be available to ride the bus with him would be to Birchcrest. But yet when it came to the nursing care he is currently receiving, they didn't want to put that on then IFSP because it is the nurse's decision to be in the classroom. I finally brought out my research and asked why the bus that currently drives to the school and starts it's day LESS THAN ONE MILE from my house couldn't pick him up. I apparently left the director speechless. All I was told was she was unaware of the bus dropping students off at the school already. I have such a hard time believing this at all. Why would anyone even tell me that transportation wasn't available to begin with if they didn't even check to see if there was a bus that was already going to his school. Why wouldn't they check to see where I live before they told me that a bus wasn't available. And isn't it amazing that they were able to find a bus that goes to another school but didn't even know any of the other information? I'm still waiting to hear back to find out what they determined! This mamma is mad and will fight. I can't believe that this has turned into such a mess. I can't believe that the distric is fighting me on one mile.
I did my student teaching at Twin Ridge knowing that some day my kids would go to that school. I would have been happy with my kids going to our home school, but because the district doesn't have a preschool there they sent Jayen to another school. Now it is their responsibility to get him there.

No comments:

Post a Comment