About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

FINALLY!!!!! I think I was annoying enough to get a call back!

After 9 days of trying to talk to a nurse and figure out what is the next step in Jayen's treatment, I finally received a call back today! When I talked to Carol, we had agreed to start to taper off the Banzel since it isn't working and is causing loss of coordination as well as starting the paperwork to get us admitted. Dr. Frost is on service the last week in Septmember/first week in October. After Carol talked to the admitting office they decided to move the date to give more time to get all the referrals necessary. The next time Frost would be on service would be October 28th. I was so upset. I didn't want Jayen to be in the hospital for Halloween and even his birthday. How unfair is that to him and to our other children. Brilyn is only one, so missing Halloween this year would be so hard. I called the admission office back and the suggestion she gave me was to then move it to November 28th. So I was left with the option of waiting until the end of November or begging to try to get in that first week in October. So I started begging!!!!!! I said I would do all the leg work here and really felt like I could get the referrals done in two weeks. What did I just agree to? I just said I would do all her work if she allowed us to have the admission appointment October 2nd. Let the phone calls begin!!! I made 45 phone calls today, 5 emails, and 6 facebook messages but am pretty sure I got the ball rolling and will have all the necessary referrals completed by this weekend. I'm a little stressed and overwhelmed but so excited to have been able to move this mountain. Minnesota here we come. (Now to try to figure out how to take care of the other two!)

No comments:

Post a Comment