About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sunday morning ER visit

Jayen woke up this morning around 3:30AM screaming bloody murder. Matt and I tried to console him to no avail. We were taking turns, trying different places to calm him down, at one point I even made him breakfast to see if he was just hungry. By 6AM we were worried! I decided to take him to the Emergency Room. He was screaming until we got in the car. On the way to the hospital he was quiet. I called Matt at the house and asked if he was ok if I just drove around to see if he would just fall asleep. After about 20 minutes and no sleeping, but still quiet Jayen, we decided to get breakfast at McDonald's and take it home. When I tried getting Jayen out of the car he immediately started screaming again. I didn't know if I was holding him stomach and that is what was hurting him. So back in the car we went and back to the hospital we went. The physician was so worried about his pain that he even suggested we do narcotics to help. We did a CT scan on his abdomen, blood work and a unirnalysis. Everything came back normal. After and nap and bathroom, Jayen was in good spirits and back to his crazy rambunctious self. We were discharged with the diagnosis that he has potty training confusion and just needed to pee. This mommy isn't buying it, but we were ready to go home and Jayen seemed to be feeling better. We got home around 11. It was a long morning and I can't wait until naptime! Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. I'm just hoping he isn't too fed up with doctors yet. We have a long line of them ready for us next week.

2 comments:

  1. I am deeply moved to read your struggles. As I sit here crying about my own struggle day I know your day is oddly just like mine -an adventure from one thing to the next! I am glad our paths have crossed. If there is ever a time you need a listener to your "mad rants".... I have your back!! PS... I intend to share your blog with my peeps.... Shelly Goodmanson

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete