About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Annoying enough?

Two messages yesterday, two today, finally a return call! Not what I was hoping or excepting to hear. Once again, another test for Jayen has come back freaking NORMAL. How in the hell is his brain normal but still having these seizures? These results are so painful. I really was so hopeful for Jayen and his future after surgery. I really thought this was his chance at a normal life.
Dr. Frost wants to present Jayen once again to the surgical conference. They are supposed to meet this Tuesday. I'm not sure if this will be the same as last time and he gets pushed off for weeks. I am not sure why the presentation is needed, but I guess we will continue to wait. Carol couldn't answer all my questions and continued to tell me that we would know more after the conference. Second option for Jayen would most likely be the VNS. Although this sounded like an ok option, I'm very disappointed that surgical resection is out. The VNS could help with the length of his seizures, but isn't going to stop them completely.
I will continue praying and trying to wait patiently, but am trying to be realistic. Very sad and upset mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment