About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Unforgetable journey!

I won't say I got permission or even her blessing, but I did ok this with my mother first. Matt and I have talked about getting tattoos together for a long time, but never knew what to get. We finally came up with the perfect idea. We took the epilepsy awareness ribbon and turned it on its side to form the J in Jayen's name. We really wanted to get them before we left for surgery. We scheduled the appointment and scheduled the sitter and drove to the tattoo parlor.
 
 Mommy had to go first or she might have chickened out!
 
 
I wanted mine on my foot. I was told this and your ribs are the worst places to get a tattoo for pain. We both knew what Jayen was going to have to go through and decided it meant a little more for us to have to go through the pain too. I wish I could take all his pain away, but I konw that isn't possible.

Daddy went for the ribs. OUCH! He sat much better than mommy did.

 
I know someday soon the other two will ask where their names are and I have already come up with my response. "When you have brain surgery I will get your name tattooed on me."


No comments:

Post a Comment