About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Monday, February 17, 2014

A little slice of Jayen!

Kind of like a little slice of heaven, we got a little slice of Jayen back today. There were a few giggles and a few ornery moments. He just had a little pep in his step today. So much so, that when he went for one of his walks he was walking so fast he lost control of his feet and almost nose dived into the floor. I think we scared the shit out of Paris our nurse! She made us stop walking after that one.
I'm so happy to have Jayen back, but a little nervous that this is going to mean a little chaos will be showing up soon and it will be much harder to keep him occupied. We are already running out of toys to keep him busy. Our two suitcases of toys have nothing on his two minute attention span. No seizure yet. Praying we get some soon. I'm 99% sure they are going to push back the next surgery. The doctor on this week told us today that he wants to see at least 2 to 3 seizures. At one seizure a week, that is 2 or 3 more weeks before we even get to have the second surgery then another week of recovery. I don't know what we are going to do. Hope everyone is willing to keep the kids a little longer! Hope Matt is able to stay up here and help me. He has been invaluable. I couldn't do it without him. Hope we get what we need, but in the quickest time possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment