About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Going stir crazy!

Once again, another morning without a seizure and another day of waiting until the next morning. I really thought the walls were going to cave in on us today. I'm so thankful for the nurses around here. We have truly had some amazing ones! We were also given the chance to talk to the nurse care manager today. It was nice to just share our "side of the story". I really don't want to hurt anyone but just had to ask for the other nurse to not come back. The manager was very nice and listened. I think I am finally able to put it all behind and see how the rest of this stay at the hospital goes. There have been so many people who I believe truly love and care for Jayen. Tonight we had a nurse that we trusted enough that she kicked us out of the room. We know that Jayen and Tina had more fun than we could have with Jayen. They playdoh in the bed might have been a clue. When we returned, Jayen and Tina were still playing. He had the biggest smile on his face. They had bonded and were sharing secrets. She was truly a blessing for all of us. I know we needed to get away as much as Jayen needed us out of his face. 
When we were gone, the charge nurse received a call from the doctor. He was reading Jayen's EEG from home and started noticing some activity. Instead of going down on more meds like he planned, he wanted us to continue what we were doing last night and just wait. We are all hoping that tomorrow is the day for seizure one!

No comments:

Post a Comment