About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Sunday, March 9, 2014

A little extra motivation

Jayen was struggling getting out of the room this morning. He was really upset when we told him it was time for a walk. I really couldn't have been better timing seeing a dog as soon as we opened the door. Jayen wasn't allowed to touch the dogs when he had the grids in for infection and shock reasons, so this was such a welcome surprise. There are often therapy dogs that visit the unit. I think this is such a great thing to have at the hospital. And this was one of the perfect reasons why. Ms. Maggie and her handler were more than willing to go for a walk with us. Jayen was even allowed to hold on to her leash and walk her himself. He had the biggest smile on his face. He immediately turned from crying to smiling. He was so busy enjoying walking the dog that he didn't even realize he walked 6 laps. We had previously only been able to get 3 at most. I hope the dog can come back again every walk time!


No comments:

Post a Comment