About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Saturday, March 8, 2014

A fresh scent on life

The day mommy has been waiting 28 days for, bath day!!!!! Every dressing change I just cringed at the sight of chunks of spinal fluid and matted balls of hair and betadine. This is the day I have been waiting for. I was very nervous about getting his incision wet or scrubbing too hard. We didn't do a very good job but it smells way better than it did before. One step closer to leaving!
 


Swelling has gone down a lot more. Even had a dimple return!

We've been trying to ice his eye as much as we can. Every time he is sleeping there is an ice pack on it. I think that has helped a lot with the swelling. The cuddles with Frankie the giraffe must be helping too. The giraffe was sent to Jayen from daddy's work. I have never seen him cuddle with anything before. It was kind of cute! Daddy came up with the name. He is named after one of our EEG friends. Fwumba gave himself the name Frankie after we all had such a hard time saying his name, so it was just so fitting that the giraffe got the nickname too.

No comments:

Post a Comment