About Me

On March 21st, 2010 My daddy left for his last trip away from us. On March 22nd we had to ask him to come home. I had my first seizure that day. One month later I was diagnosed with Infantile Spasms. I have been through a lot in my short life. But I bring so much joy to my mommy and daddy every time I smile.

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Super special day!

I am still not sure how to get use to this new Jayen, but today was the first time I saw such a positive change. Matt and I kept looking at eachother in disbelief and awe. Today started with a great video chat with Jayen's teacher Ms. Shank and his classmates. They were very excited to see him and he was so excited to see them. I couldn't have done anything to give him a bigger smile.
 
 
We were able to stay on the computer and participate in large group with the class. Jayen loved singing the good morning song and saying hi to his friends. I know he misses them so much. We even had the opportunity to listen to the story for the day then Ms. Shank sent it home with Dalan and we got to see it and feel it at home. It was such a great connection for Jayen.
In the afternoon we had the opportunity to watch the class again when a special visitor stopped by. We tried skyping last week when she was in the classroom, but technical difficulties didn't let it happen. Mrs. B, from the library, was the special guest!!! Jayen was waiting for her to play the guitar. He loved the puppy book, but the guitar was his and Brilyn's favorite. This was just such a special day. I'm so glad we were able to do all of this.

 
Sorry Ms. Shank and Mrs. B, but I think the best part of the day (for mommy anyway) was during our surprise spur of the moment trip to the zoo. As soon as daddy and Dalan pulled into the driveway after school we were sitting in the car and ready to pull out of the driveway again. I'm not sure it was the best idea to take Jayen out to such a public place, but it was time for some fun. We brought sanitizer and kept his head covered. It was so nice seeing everyone's smiles. Jayen was so excited the words just seemed to roll out of his mouth. He was saying two syllables with no problem and even got out a few three syllable phrases. It was just so amazing. I really hope this is a look into his future. It was so beautiful! If this keeps up, I can see this kid talking by the end of the year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment